You can’t have Heath Bar Cupcakes without this incredible salted caramel frosting.
But if we’re being honest…there’s not much I wouldn’t put this frosting on.
Just so we’re on the same page here.
I feel like this salted caramel frosting would be good on SO many things. Cupcakes obviously, but what about pretzel rods?
Or cinnamon rolls?
Or you know…a spoon. Or even just right off your fingers. I’m not here to judge.
It’s just THAT good.
So first things first, if you haven’t yet made yourself a batch of these incredible Heath Bar cupcakes, go do that pronto. Then come back and we’ll make this amazing (and so easy) frosting.
Then we can indulge our sweet tooth together.
Or you can give them to someone special, baking is a loving act of service that pretty much anyone will appreciate.
- 2 sticks room temperature unsalted butter
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon caramel extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Ghirardelli’s Salted Caramel Syrup
- 1/4 cup Heath Milk Chocolate & Toffee Bits
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar for 1 minute or until creamy.
- Add the creamer, caramel extract, and sea salt until light and fluffy. If mixture is too thick, add more half and half, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add in Ghirardelli’s Salted Caramel Syrup
- Place in piping bag and frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with the Heath Milk Chocolate & Toffee Bits
Makes enough frosting for 12 cupcakes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 301mg Carbohydrates: 45g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 44g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g